Be wise, know your ring size!
Whether you're buying a ring for yourself or as a surprise gift, we'll clue you in on several ways to figure out the right ring size to buy.
A few tips:
- Different countries have different ring-size systems. All sizes listed here are standard American sizes.
- The average woman’s ring size is about 7.
- The average man’s ring size is about 10.
- If you are measuring for yourself, we recommend you measure your finger at room temperature as fingers can shrink or expand when cold or hot.
- If your knuckle is much larger than the bottom of your finger, you should take two separate measurements and choose a size in between. A ring should fit over the knuckle, but not be too loose or it will slide around.
Measure a ring that fits you or your intended recipient. Place a ring that fits you over the circle making sure the inside of the ring lines up with the outside of the circle. If you are between sizes, order the larger size.
- Find a piece of non-stretchy string about 6” long, or a strip of paper about 6” long and 1/4” wide.
- Wrap it snugly around the base of your finger.
- Using a pen, mark the point on the string or paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
- Compare the length of the string or paper to the lines on the paper below to determine your ring size.
- If your are between sizes, order the larger size.